Security fears as Justin Bieber heads to New Zealand

Security has been stepped up ahead of teen singer Justin Bieber’s arrival in New Zealand, after a number of fans had been crushed prior to a concert in Australia.

Police cancelled Monday’s performance at Sydney’s Circular Quay soon after at least 10 girls fainted.

Eight had been sent to hospital soon after paramedics pulled them from the crowd. Most had hyperventilated.

It’s thought the swarm started when rumours spread that the 16-year-old Canadian heartthrob had arrived early.

Safety initial

Thousands of fans had spent the night camped out by the venue waiting for Bieber.

New South Wales state police Deputy Commissioner Dave Owens told reporters he was concerned about them being out at night unaccompanied.

“There are a large number of kids down there without having any parents there at all. And I would just question that,” he said.

Following the incident in Australia, officials at Auckland airport told the New Zealand Herald newspaper that additional security would be arranged for the singer’s arrival there.

He left Australia on Tuesday morning, posting on his twitter account: “NEW ZEALAND we are coming!!!”     - Source

Related posts:

  1. New Zealand tightens security for Bieber visit
  2. Security Tightened in New Zealand for “Bieber-Mania”
  3. Bieber-mania in New Zealand
  4. Teens with a crush on Justin Bieber run wild in Sydney
  5. Australian Police Pull Plug on Justin Bieber

Leave a Reply

Vote!

How Is My Site?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Powered by Naples Web Design

- Design By: Atlanta Web Design